Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum (THIFF) would like to invite you to an online 2020 Inter Faith Week Event, ‘Testing Times’ – an information giving event for all faiths and communities in the borough. We are pleased to announce that we will be joined by Janet Daby MP, Shadow Minister for Faith, Women & Equalities.
Date: Thursday 12 November
Place: Online, via Zoom.
This Inter Faith Week will be very different to the ones that we are used to, although we cannot meet together in person, we can still mark Inter Faith Week online. Nobody could have predicted how much life would change due to the Covid-19 pandemic and this year we will be focusing on the importance of keeping Tower Hamlets communities informed and up to date on important issues such as health, funding and resources, along with recognising the fantastic support that is offered by faith communities themselves.
Come along and find out:
• What resources are available to faith and community groups?
• What is the coronavirus guidance for Tower Hamlets right now?
• How are the police working to ensure communities are safe?
• What are local faith groups doing to offer support to the community?
• Janet Daby MP, Shadow Minister for Faith, Women & Equalities
• Peter Okali, CEO of THCVS (Tower Hamlets Council for Voluntary Services)
• Chief Inspector Pete Shaw, HQ & Covid Lead Central East BCU (Hackney & Tower Hamlets)
• Polly Ashmore, Public Health Speciality Registrar, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
• Local faith leaders (more tbc) Dilowar Khan, Executive Director, East London Mosque.
Faith continues to be a vital part of the borough’s response to the coronavirus, so please come along and stand together with us for Inter Faith Week 2020 – you can register your free spaces(s) by clicking the button below: